Sunday, October 18, 2009

Happy Birthday to Liz

Went up to NYC with a great crew yesterday.  The car consisted of me, Mark, Dan, Dave, Shay, Jose Cuervo, and skull vodka.  I could not think of a more fun/well-suited crew for a little roadtrip.  If I could take 4 people into purgatory, the list might look a bit like this one.  We rolled in to Dirty Jers at around 4, and watched a lil football.  Those staying at Moses's place and various other venues left for the city, and I stayed to watch the parade of beautiful people and hair.  Liz looked straight up amaaazing, with her hair done up by a lil turkish woman and enough pixie dust to make Tinkerbell jealous.  We went to dinner a restaurant called "The Kitchen of Fish" only to find no fish on the menu whatsoever!  The meal was pretty hit or miss, good seafood skewers (no fish on that of course) were the highlight of the meal.  Dan and I made use of the all you can drink wine for two hours, and good conversation and picture taking ensued (though, liz will never send them to us ;)  

Unfortunately, they didn't take creditcards and I was sans atm card.  Shay covered me though, for which I'm eternally greatful.  Then it was off to Bbar, a posh little bar with beautiful gardens and overbearing heat lamps.  There I met what seemed like an endless chain of interesting people.  I was in pretty terrible shape at this point, and have the paper evidence to prove it (300 dollars at one bar? really Trev??) There was a bit of drama, but drama is the spice of life and without it my existence would be fairly boring.  Afterwards we went to R Bar...what's with all the letter bars!?  Anyway, this was much more my scene and the dance floor proved too much a temptation to pass up.  Good times were had, I owe a few people some dinners and polite conversation, but all in all it was a great time.


....

No comments:

Post a Comment