Monday, June 29, 2009

The great war of our generation, is with the illogical

Last night something finally snapped. Kid A (I will call him) decided it was in his best interest to not take his medication. It was nearing 10:30, and I knew the result of him failing to do so would be a sleepless night for him, and most likely his roommate too. The next day would only bring a deeper spiral out of control as his bipolar disorder took over. So I reasoned with him. I pleaded the case for taking the pill, but Kid A refused. I asked why he wouldn't and he said, "I want to get angry so I can kill Kid B!" To which I merely said, that is not going to happen Kid A, I won't allow it, so it's pointless to not take the medication.
"I DON'T CARE!" said Kid A.
I want to get angry.
This conversation went on for what felt like an eternity. Far longer than it should have...
It ended with me calling his parents, and him taking the pill after 20 minutes on the phone.

Afterward I asked him what his parents had said. He said, "Well, they told me that tomorrow was Monday, and that killing someone on Monday was frowned upon."

I shook my head...and quickly agreed.

Later that night I went downstairs to watch Friday the 13th with some of the staff. I generally detest scary movies, but once I start watching one, I have to finish! It's the suspense of it all, no matter how awful it is, I have to know JUST how awful it ends. So I watched it to its conclusion, and as i suspected everyone in the movie was retarded/died/will have died soon after the movie concluded (just trust me and don't start watching). YES, it was scary, but I never quite understood what it is that people find good about being scared.

So I went to bed, locked my door, and began thinking of Kid A somehow finding his way into my room with his 3 iron or something. I woke up three times during the night, once because I forgot to turn off my alarm for 230AM (gotta catch them campers sneakin out on thursday ya know) and twice because the fans blew my door against the hinges making a loud thud. Each time I jumped out of my skin, and did a lap of the room and hall to make sure everything was ok.

F the illogical

No comments:

Post a Comment