Friday, June 26, 2009

Youth but not youth

It saddens me greatly to see the state of today's youth. Two days ago I talked to a child that had had sex with two different people, one of whom was later described as, "a walking STD". She continued by saying that she had an inexplicable love of "spics" (it was ok for her to call them that, because she hangs out with them and they call themselves that so its like totally whatever). She was 14.

Furthermore, we have a child who's soul purpose in life is to make everyone around him more miserable. He is blatantly racist, has made numerous inappropriate comments to all of our black staff and campers. We won't get rid of him because of the love of the almighty dollar, and when we repremand him he cries and cries and cries but changes nothing. He is 13.

We have a child who has twice almost killed his twin brother via stabbing. He takes more pills a day than I have in my entire life. He held his family hostage with a knife and sent a kid to the hospital at a wrestling match. He lives two doors down from me, and I lock my door every night. He is 12.

For every case of a bad child, every pharmacutical ridden preteen, every sex-crazed teenager in camp there is one who is perfectly nice, and capable of some level of respect and self sufficiency. But the ratio is as close to 1:1 as i've ever seen.

I fear for my unborn child. For these are the children of the well to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment