Tuesday, May 5, 2009

In the world of Trevor, it is always 75 degrees and sunny

Let's do a little life recap for you. Here are my last 5 days (month so far).

I don't know how long this heater will last...and I don't know how much of it is just sustainable good poker. I do know that I can't expect to run like god forever...That said i'm on pace for all goals! 15k seems like it should be in reach (even though i said that about 10k last month). Anyway, that's only the beginning of the run good.
Capitals series is 2-0. Ovechkin is a man possessed!! Peacock got to go to the game, and I watched it with Dan back home. After being at the games last series...I have to say its hard not to just reach for everyone in the room and give them a huge high 5 every time something like this happens:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrPxw465nkk
I think the fun thing about hockey in general...is that its nonstop action. Soccer would be a great american sport if we weren't so impatient, but Hockey gives us the best of both worlds. There are no prolonged periods of passing in hockey, no shortage of hitting and stealing and shot-taking. It has the advantage of constant action (other than the occasional faceoff) that football doesn't have, and goals are infrequent enough that they are all uniquely special (which basketball doesn't have). All in all, I'd still rather watch playoff football, and grand slam tennis, but hockey has definitly bolted into a clear number three spot. Oh, but you do have to find someone to care about lest hockey is just like every other sport, just a bunch of grown men playing a game...but i guess that's true of all sports.
Furthermore, it's cinco de mayo, and i'll be cooking dad's world famous blackbear burritos for people, sippin on margs and livin the life in my DC palace :)
Until next time au revoir!
and GOGOGOGOGOGO

No comments:

Post a Comment