Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Ambience

Sooo, I've started to treat poker more like a job, and it seems to be paying off. My average day now consists of waking up around 10 am, showering, playing about 2 hours of poker, going to eat in the mall at I <3 Thai or Chipotle, working out for 45 minutes or so, grinding for 4 more hours then enjoying the evening with some poker sprinkled throughout peak hours. So far the results have been good. I haven't had a negative day so far this week, but I did drop down in limits substantially to figure out what was wrong with my game. I'm now 9 tabling 50nl with a winrate of 7bb/100 while running 4 buyins under expectation over 20k hands. Doing the math adjusting for expectation, (say 8bb's instead of 7) we get this hourly wage.

8x9=72/2(since a bb is 50 cents)=36x1(since we play about 100 hands an hour on each table)
so around 36 dollars an hour. Plus rakeback which has 240$ over the past 4 days...sooo
80/6 (hours played per day)=13$.

So overal hourly wage comes to around 50 an hour...a bit of a hit from what i'm used to, but more than worth it for some time to gain confidence and fix my game. So far 50nl has seemed WAAAAY easier than 100nl and above. Its so nice to get gifts stacks from total donks that have no clue how to play! I can't tell you how nice a feeling that is when you're used to working so hard for every stacking opportunity at higher levels.

In other news, I've found a new favorite TV station to watch while playing. Ambient music! Now I know what you're thinking, that stuff is boring and eventually you don't even hear it. EXACTLY MY POINT! Before, I was watching TV shows and/or listening to Obama speak. And while i do a fair bit of that still during lunch, it really sets money on fire if done while playing poker. I mean you got Obama talkin about TARPS and what not, and all of a sudden your caught in one.

No comments:

Post a Comment