Tuesday, February 17, 2009

There's an app. for that...

So today was a day full of interesting happenings. It started around 10 am as usual, when Sam came it to take his morning shower. I felt oddly awake...lucid...even perky. More than that, the usual stuffyness that accompanies my waking was absent. I COULD BREATH! It reminded me how jealous I am of the 70% of the world that is just good at sleeping. My grandmother, bless her soul, can sleep anywhere. She falls asleep sitting straight up in a chair while being the dummy in bridge. What a blessing that would be. I have two sleeping positions (one of which works). The first is a preparations position...on my side with a pillow btwn my legs. I dunno why I put a pillow between my legs, because this position never actually leads to sleep, and just gets kicked aside when i turn on to my stomach. This is where the magic happens. I can only sleep with my nose facing due south. No just kidding, but it does have to be to the left. My left arm must be under the pillow, my right at my side. I don't think i move much when i sleep. If i do move, the entire world (or maybe just my dad when he's stuck in the same hotel room...or a girlfriends sister who hates me with a burning passion) will throw pillows at me to get me to stop snoring. I'm pretty sure my body is miserable while sleeping, because during the day I must blow my nose about once an hour to clear out the one nostril that still works...damn that deviated septum. So when i'm sleeping I can only imagine that I sound like i have "APP"nea. So there you have it, the first App of my day.
The next interesting part of my day was when I decided to fire up 9 tables of UB 6max. I played for about 30 minutes and made 200 dollars. The players are just terrible on UB...I honestly don't know why I play on full tilt, the competition there is at least three times as hard. So tomorrow I'm going to grind UB all day to see what it's like. Goal: $400 at 50nl. Lofty yes, but attainable.
Then came the third part of my day...which could just be called car troubles. I reupped my insurance and paid for the 6 months in full. So i guess i have this beast for at least a half year more. She really has treated me so well though. I can't say the same for my treatment of her. For example, I let the battery die again somehow, so Sam was kind enough to let me jump the car this afternoon. At first we tried to use my jumper cables. I hooked positive to positive on his car and positive to positive on my car. Negative on his car. And as I'm reaching to put negative on my car (the grounding current) I realize that this spark plug felt colder. Low and behold the handle was missing one of its rubber grip covers....That...would have been interesting.
Fortunately he had his plugs so we went to work and I successfully jumped my poor old girl again for the umpteenth time. I rode off into the sunset to collect my prize.
A brand spankin new G3 Iphone. I must say, the thing is pretty god damn slick. I haven't figured out all the APPlications yet, but there seems to be one for everything. I finally have a phone i'll keep track of...and it will keep track of me!

Tomorrow is sharon's night to host dinner. I have to prepare a salad of some sort...god help us all. Sushi is coming again on saturday. And I'm getting a bank account at Band of America, The reeeaaal american bank as Peacock puts it.

No comments:

Post a Comment