Friday, February 6, 2009

Back home...for a lil bit

Flew in yesterday round 2pm. St. Peacock picked me up from the airport saving me oodles of cash on a taxu (sp?). All told the chicago trip set me back around 3 to 4 k despite not having to pay for anything while I was there. The highlights of the trip were getting to workout everyday, playin with my lil cousins, and the superbowl of course.

First night back in Arlington, we went out to carpool and played some pool and shot the breeze. The people I went out with all work with Government contractors and they got to talking about their jobs. What I've concluded is that at some point in my life, I will want to have a real job. There seems to be some strange commradery in having to plow through the BS of everyday grunt work that I guess is analogous to pokerplayers bitching about bad beats etc. More than that though, at some point I want my own security badge AND just once! just once! I'd like to have my eye scanned to open a door!!!! Is that too much to ask? Furthermore, I'm convinced that while my friends are undoubtedly working less hard than I am at their chosen profession. I dunno if I've ranted about this before, but THE GOVERNMENT IS THE WORST RUN ORGANIZATION EVER!!!!! It sounds to me like everyone past the grunt work stage has WAY too much job security and doesn't do any work at all.
/rant

Slumdog for best picture of the year?
I'm pretty pissed that Dark night didn't make the cut...that's ridiculous.

Tonight I head to Cville to hang with Marky Mark and company. Cville might be the biggest site of all my debauchery. Some day soon i'll chronical a top 5 and post em here. It will be epic.
Until then lata and run good in life,
Trev

No comments:

Post a Comment