Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The best steak ever!

Okay so I know i've said this a number of times in my life and meant it very few, but last night was quite possibly the best steak i've ever had. The culprit was a 28 oz ribeye from Ray's The steak, cooked rare to perfection. Couple this with a delicious Pinot Noir from heaven and you have yourself the best 50 dollar meal money can buy. The company was spectacular as usual and conversation ranged from who had the most "street cred" (the fact that I used quotations can't help my cause) to etiquette in credit card roullette when someone runs as bad as Dan Etter (seriously if you can get in a game with this guy he is a total fish). The only problem was the service, which sucked, as advertised. The steaks almost made you forget that the real cattle in the restaurant are the patrons. The guy got orders wrong twice and the no res policy is disgusting. I guess if I had to describe them via analogy, they'd be the steak Nazi's...you feel violated, but steak makes excellent therapy.

On the subject of sleep, I have nothing to say as I haven't experienced it lately. In the imortal words of Rick James... "F#$% your COUCH!" My living room is where I've been sleeping as of late due to my mother's presence for the inauguration, and my living room might as well be the New Age tunnel at Ohare airport. People are parading through it throughout the night at all hours waking me up...here's a brief recap of life on a couch.

12am: make first lame attempts at sleep...small house party prevents any REM here.

1am: Achieve rapid eye movement, unfortunately it's only the up and down motion one associates with being jumped on by...and i quote, "A hott girl". As if in my groggy state it makes a difference what's breaking my back.

1:15am: house party disperses to the bars, but not before they poke and prod me from my slumber to give them goodbye hugs.

2:30am: fast asleep finally...oh no...what's this?? the Harem of girls has returned from the disco sharing stories of dancing with what could only be described later as the text happy wookie of a man. But don't worry Liz, he was hot...he was hot.

3 am : still awake to see of harem goodbye hugs never hurt so good.

3:05 am: Staring into space listening to my roommates death rattles as the house has come down with Dengue fever and can't stop caughing...thank you scott.

7 am: Wake to find mother and friend heading to dc for inauguration tix etc. As i roll over I see drunk girl who'd jumped on back earlier on the couch opposite me, much to my dismay her setup looks far superior to mine! jfksl;adsjfkl;asdj

8 am: finally...to bed...my bed. Serenity now! Serenity now!


Here's the graph of jan. 20th...

1 comment: