Friday, January 16, 2009

Chicago

Buzzed poker IS drunk poker,
last night was not the first time i turned a winning day into a losing one by playing poker after a few beers... i personally don't think i play worse buzzed, but i sure do run like trash. It's as if the poker gods can tell and punish me for my insubordinance.

Why was i drunk?

The usual, a home cooked meal from a roommate with a few friends over to enjoy it. Scallops wrapped in bacon... kinda like pigs in a blanket i guess, the combo made little sense to me but the taste wasn't bad at all and thanks to STEEEEEEVE i now know what a reduction sauce is...yummmm.

In other news, the inauguration is quickly approaching and Miss Geddes will be bringing her whirlwind of energy into town, so i'm sure i'll have something to write about in the future. My mom and her friend are also coming in, so this will be a chance to show off the new digs and just how great her son has it.

This does however bring me to one little annoying rant:
I feel like I have to prove myself to everyone about my chosen profession. In everyones' eyes but mine, its as if I went to UVA then became a garbage man or something. For example, I'm going to chicago at the end of the week to babysit my cousins and explore Obama's stomping grounds while my aunt and uncle fly to hawaii for a much needed vacation. My uncle sends me an email with all my flight information and at the end thanks me profusely, but warns that the only thing they don't want to see when they get back is their kids obsessed with poker. I mean WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF! The only reason i can even go to Chicago is because my job is mobile, lucrative, and gives me plenty of free time! Contrast that with My aunt's job as CFO of a major corporation which pays about twice as much as poker (for now...i'll prolly surpass her next year) and doesn't allow her to have but one vacation a year. Why would it be so horrible to have their kids have some sort of disposable income on the side throughout highschool, I know that I wish someone had told me about poker when i was in highschool so i could already be a millionaire. But whatever, I'm used to my job not getting respect so i'll keep picking up checks because I can, and spend hours explaining to the ones I love that what I do isn't gambling at all and I'll never lose it all in one drunken night of foolishness because I'm too god damn good at what I do to let that happen.
/rant

No comments:

Post a Comment