Sunday, January 25, 2009

Wild Weekend

Ok lets see....where to begin, where to begin. I guess its pertinent to start with WVU's Men's basketball team laying a drubbing on georgetown, the game was great and remained close till the end of the second half when WV's outside shooting and lock em down D took over. Had a beer or two but Verizon center doesn't let alcohol get served after the first half of college games...to curb drunk driving (what a weird expression when it would be my preference to keep drunk drivers from driving ON the curb but w/e). A friend of mine from highschool came out that I hadn't seen in FOREVER, and he is always a blast to drink with as his mouth loses its filter with anyone and everyone. We went to an irish bar, me and the motown crew; it was just like old times, times I miss alot.

Scotty's girl came out as well and immediately proved my theory that women (particularly hott women as courtney is) are just better at the bar than men. Within nanoseconds of hitting the mass of people at the entry of the bar she did her best Nightcrawler impression and snagged 6 beers a mixed drink and a spot in the room with a lil space to breath. As if that wasn't enough, within minutes she had our group of six comfortably seated at a table in this chill back area of the restaurant...INSANE! So kudos hott women everywhere...as if things weren't easy enough for you already.

Bottom line is, the night ended without me knowing when, where, or how (but not who thankfully)! The next night would bring Tom and Eric up from Cville to hang out at a crusty rusty pole reunion. It was another night to be remembered more for the great people in it than the new people or exciting happenings. I did possibly land some live poker action. Herbie a local donkament player challenged me to a heads up match for 1k 300bb's deep (retardedly deep). I guess blinds would be like $1.666/ 3.333 (just more proof that herbie has no idea how to play hu) lol. I shouldn't underestimate him tho as he has won a LARGE full ring tournament on UB!!!
Those are not results to be laughed at...

The best thing that happened that night was me not getting trashed AND finding out that Union Jack's has potential as a walking distance bar/ dance club on weekends (place is a dive during the week). So YAY!

Then there was last night, just wow...my liver is going to mutiny. Whitlow's despite Rimi's best efforts to get me to Adam's Morgan (something that I still haven't wrapped my head around as her friends and I rarely hang out...but I'd like to! so its sad i didn't get to go as they're a chill group of girls). Whitlow's waaaas awesome. The tower (our current residence) crew went out with the additions of Zoey and Xtina. Great cover band, ahole bouncers and a solid back bar with the biggest stoner tender of all time. If bars had "trophy tenders" this guy would have been it, he waaas useless with a tendency to overpoor the liquor and forget the mixer alltogether (an owners nightmare). But GOGOGOGO for me!

Everyone's in bed and I think now is the time to unlock EVERLONG so i'll cut this post short....oh god...its not short at all! SORRY!

No comments:

Post a Comment