Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Zen Master

So poker has been a bit rough lately, i'm about 1k under expectation the past 3 days, which hasn't been fun. It's okay though, cause I got Rock Band 2 and can just jam out to Modest Mouse's "Float On" when things aren't going my way at the tables. I'm proud of myself for taking this downswing well, because in the past this may have affected my daily mood.

In other news, tonight was the first normal night in a while, as on monday we went to the Wizards v. Suns game, and as anyone who is a true wiz fan knows, its only possible to enjoy them somewhere in the realm of this: tipsy <-- wiz game enjoyable--->blackout. They once again kept it intersting until the 4th quarter when they showed their true colors and lost huge. However, all was not lost, as Myself, Eric and Dave had prop bets throughout the game which provided much entertainment (and mooolah to me :).

Then we went to Fuddruckers, home of the 1lb burger...and I don't shy from a challenge. The consumption of the burger was completed, but not without sacrifice as my love handles grew 3 sizes that day. I couldn't sleep that night despite my serious case of the "itis" (a term used in the tower to describe a food coma). It was awful...i was drowsy...tipsy...and completely incapable of sleeping for no apparent reason.

I also took care of a nagging credit card problem (i misplaced it at some juncture of a night out with scotty and the wv crew). While i was at the bank cancelling my life support, I couldn't help but notice the striking beauty of my bank teller. She was latina and wore a pair of glasses that seemed a part of her since birth. You ever see facial accessories like that, just so much a part of some beautiful person's character that you wouldn't want to imagine them without said item? Anyway, I began to wonder what kind of person I would have to be to get a date with this goddess of BBT. She already knew my bank account balance, and I doubt she's believe that i have 30k on stars (what's stars? she would ask) or that poker playing is a real profession or that I was anything other than a kid fresh out of college with little more than a pittance and a pension for losing important things. Its funny to think about the people we'll never have a chance with because they just know too much or the wrong things or perhaps the truth... So i grabbed a sucker and bid my muse farewell and Floated On...

Going to see slum dog tomorrow...
got my weight lifting bench its beauuuutiful and will certainly motivate me to get in the best shape of my life so i can crush this 5 min mile!
Best wishes all,
and to all a good night...'s sleep

1 comment: